Friday, November 30, 2012

Highland Legacy by B. J. Scott


Highland Legacy by B. J. Scott
The Fraser Brothers Trilogy, Book 1
Publisher: Soul Mate Publishing (November 2011)
234 pages, eBook (purchased myself for $4.99)
Book Rating: 4 Stars
Sensuality: Red Heart

After Cailin's impetuous attempt to escape a marriage arranged for her by her father, Connor comes upon her in time to save her from being raped by English soldiers, only to return her home in much more dire need of escape, when she finds the place place crawling with English soldiers looking to arrest her for murder. Cailin escapes and catches up to Connor, who marries her to keep her safe, but regrets the decision later, his need to be with her warring with his duty to the patriot cause. I found the characters in this story to be engaging and complex, and all of them full of inspiring strength. Cailin, though a bit of a worrier, kept forging ahead despite all she had been through. Connor, in his complexity, vacillated between duty and the call of his heart endlessly and there were times I wasn't sure I liked him much, but once he saw the light, I could find no fault with him. His two brothers, Alasdair and Bryce, provided endless entertainment along the way and I loved them. I look forward to reading Bryce and Fallon's story in the next book in this series, Highland Quest!

No comments:

Post a Comment