Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Highlander's Conquest by Eliza Knight


The Highlander's Conquest by Eliza Knight
The Stolen Bride Series, Book 2
Publisher: Eliza Knight (September 2012)
290 pages, eBook (purchased myself for $4.99)
Book Rating: 4 Stars
Sensuality: Red Heart

Sent by his sister-in-law, Arbella, to bring her sister to her, Blane interrupted Aliah's secret imminent plans to join the church. Both burdened by a misguided sense of guilt from a childhood tragedy, their lengthy journey to the Highlands not only brings Blane and Aliah together, but fortuitously lightens their burdens along the way. I loved Aliah's strength and courage. She was an easy character to relate to, and I loved the inclusion of the family's wolfhound, Frosty. This book included more humor than the first in this series, and there were a couple parts that I nearly laughed until I cried. Blane, I liked, but he stubbornly drug his feet until the very end and I was beginning to get a bit frustrated with him. I look forward to the next book, The Highlander's Lady, which is soon to be released and I believe is about Magnus's and Blane's cousin, Daniel Moray/Murray. I hope this series will continue with the younger siblings stories, Ronan and Heather, as I have become fond of them. Great Series!

No comments:

Post a Comment