Thursday, January 31, 2013

Still Mine by Mary Wine


Still Mine by Mary Wine
Publisher: Samhain Publishing, Ltd. (May 2008)
224 pages, eBook (purchased myself for $4.24)
Book Rating: 4 Stars
Sensuality: Red Heart

Paul's one act of youthful self-indulgence was to marry Jo, only to be persuaded to give her up for her own safety and allow her to think him dead, but when his sacrifice fails to keep her safe six years later, he forces his way back into her life determined to keep her this time. I wasn't always sure I liked Paul, but I didn't dislike him, so I found myself willing to give him a chance based on Jo's past regard for him. Jo, I loved! She had crawled out from her grief and became an amazingly strong female character, as a deputy marshal, able to hold her own amongst the military world that Paul drug her into. She was no damsel waiting for her knight to save her. I found the mystical attraction between Jo and Paul a bit over the top, but didn't think it detracted from the story too much. I enjoyed the interaction between Jo and her guards. The ending almost seems to invite a sequel and I wouldn't mind reading Nolan or Tait's story. All in all, good read!

No comments:

Post a Comment