Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Accepting Eva by Becca Van


Accepting Eva by Becca Van
Slick Rock Series, Book 8
Publisher: Siren Publishing (December 2012)
117 pages, eBook (purchased myself for $4.24)
Book Rating: 4 Stars
Sensuality: Red Heart

Eva is living with a condition that causes her to have to wear a brace on her leg and has many insecurities because of it. She is on vacation, partly to escape a stalker when she meets Quin, Gray and Pierson, and she finds she'd like to stay longer than just a couple weeks. There was a bit too much of using the person's name every time anyone said anything, reminding me of an annoying salesman's speech, but I liked the story enough to overlook it. I also found myself wondering if Eva's condition could be hereditary and whether that would be a concern when they wanted to start a family, but that was not explored. Other than that, I thought the idea of having a heroine with a disability was great and I really liked Eva. She was easy to relate to, disability or no. The guys were all great. I liked Quin's over-the-top dominance, Gray's sweetness and Pierson's playfulness. Great read!

No comments:

Post a Comment