Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Chieftain by Margaret Mallory


The Chieftain by Margaret Mallory
The Return of the Highlanders Series, Book 4
Publisher: Forever (February 2013)
448 pages, eBook (purchased myself for $6.99)
Book Rating: 5 Stars
Sensuality: Red Heart

Connor is determined to enter a marriage alliance that will bring the most benefit to his clan as possible. Virtually invisible and overlooked, Ilysa loves Connor from afar while seeing that his household runs smoothly and using her gift of sight to warn him of dangers, but she dreads seeing him wed to another. I loved this story! This is definitely my favorite book of this series. Connor and Ilysa were great characters and I found them both very engaging from the beginning. Ilysa seems quiet and meek, but her determination and courage was awesome. The mystery surrounding Ilysa's birth and Lachlan's changing motivations were woven perfectly into the conflict with the MacLeods and Connor's uncle Hugh. Even though there were a few moments of doubt on either side, I liked how Connor and Ilysa could never really bring themselves to give up on each other entirely. My only regret is I would have liked Lachlan to have a happy ending of his own. Seeing as this is the last book of the series, I’ll have to content myself with the hint at the end that the women would see him well settled. Excellent series!

No comments:

Post a Comment