Saturday, March 17, 2012

Her Warrior King by Michelle Willingham


Her Warrior King by Michelle Willingham
MacEgan Brothers Series, Book 1
Publisher: Harlequin Historical (January 2007)
288 pages, eBook (purchased myself for $3.79)
Book Rating: 4 Stars
Sensuality: Red Heart
I enjoyed this book and found myself riveted to find out what would happen, but I wearied of the hero’s stubborn insistence to put his duty to his clan above his lady, and wished it hadn’t taken so unreasonably long for him to come around and stand up for her. Isabel, on the other hand, may be the best candidate for sainthood I’ve ever seen. A person’s inner strength and willingness to take leaps of faith making oneself vulnerable, do have limits when that person has no support from anyone, and this heroine possessed the inner strength and faith of a goddess.  I absolutely loved the heroine in this story, and though I didn’t dislike Patrick, I did become impatient with him. The secondary story of Sosanna, the girl left unwilling or unable to speak after a rape, was wonderful. Everyone assumes that she was attacked by one of the invading Normans, and as the mystery of what happened to her unfolds, the irony of her brother’s actions is a beautiful thing. I now continue on with Bevan’s story, Her Irish Warrior.

No comments:

Post a Comment