Monday, August 27, 2012

My Fierce Highlander by Vonda Sinclair


My Fierce Highlander by Vonda Sinclair
Highland Adventure Series, Book 1
Publisher: Vonda Sinclair (July 2011)
256 pages, eBook (purchased myself for $4.99)
Book Rating: 3 Stars
Sensuality: Red Heart

Unable to turn away, widowed healer Gwyneth takes a risk and rescues the enemy’s chief from the battlefield and nurses him back to health. When she is found out by her own clan, she has no choice but to flee unto enemy lands with her son and hope that the man whose life she saved will be willing to return the favor. I felt the story started out well and I really liked Alasdair, but Gwyneth’s ever-changing illogical resistance became unnecessarily frustrating in the end, especially when she claimed to be doing everything as a sacrifice for her child, but with no apparent thought for Alasdair’s child and their future. Aside from my frustration with Gwyneth, I really liked this story and all of the other characters, though I thought the end was a bit painful, again largely due to Gwyneth’s irrational decisions. Nonetheless, I look forward to reading about Alasdair’s brother, Lachlan, in the next book in this series, My Wild Highlander.

No comments:

Post a Comment