Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Badger City Gang by Reece Butler


The Badger City Gang by Reece Butler
Bride Train Series, Book 7
Publisher: Siren Publishing (August 2012)
233 pages, eBook (purchased myself for $7.99)
Book Rating: 4 Stars
Sensuality: Red Heart

After the death of her mother, Kate heads west on the Bride Train hoping to build a satisfying life for herself in the less restrictive society of the west and possibly find her birth father. Zach, along with his brother Gideon and their cousin Rusty, have decided they need a wife and determine to steal one off of the Bride Train, before it reaches the end of the line and all the good ones are taken. I wasn't sure at first that I would like this one. Kate, both in character and thinking, was so like Jessie (Compromised Cowgirl, Book 3) and Sarah (Beauty and the Beasts, Book 6), neither of which I liked because they tended to be gratingly independent and carelessly hedonistic, but as this story went along I felt Kate had a little softer edge to her and a little healthier respect and wish for commitment, and I could sympathize with her logic for her behavior more than Jessie's and Sarah's. I loved all of the guys and enjoyed the glimpses of previous characters from this series. I'm hoping the Southern Gents from the Sweetwater Ranch (Flying X Brand) will be next, possibly with a side story to offer Sophie a chance at happiness as well. Looking forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment