Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Findley’s Lass by Suzan Tisdale


Findley’s Lass by Suzan Tisdale
The Clan MacDougall Series, Book 2
Publisher: Suzan Tisdale (September 2012)
233 pages, eBook (purchased myself for $2.99)
Book Rating: 3 Stars
Sensuality: Pink Heart

Finally healed from his injury in battle, Findley heads out with his men in hopes of bringing back the beauty that ensnared his heart after only a brief meeting that has occupied his mind ever since, only to find her and her sons missing and her village destroyed. Though they catch up with Maggy and four of her sons, they find a fifth son was taken captive, and Findley promises to get the young boy back for her. This story was well-written, fast paced, full of action and included a good bit of comedic relief here and there. Unfortunately, I had a very hard time liking Maggy, especially during the first half of this story. She was abrasive, foolishly headstrong and beyond her beauty, I have no idea what poor Findley or anyone else saw in her. In fact, I found myself sympathizing more with the villain, Malcolm Buchannan, more than her. Buchannan was such a wonderfully complex character! Maggy’s five sons: Robert, Andrew, Collin, Ian and Liam were great and I loved their interaction with Findley and his men. Findley and his men were all as great as I remembered them from the first book in this series, and I look forward to reading more of them. I’m excited to read Wee William’s story, coming Summer of 2013, and hope that the stories of Black Richard and Caelen McDunnah will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment