Thursday, September 13, 2012

Seduction of a Highland Lass by Maya Banks


Seduction of a Highland Lass by Maya Banks
McCabe Trilogy, Book 2
Publisher: Ballantine Books (September 2011)
354 pages, eBook (purchased myself for $7.99)
Book Rating: 3 Stars
Sensuality: Red Heart

Alaric is set to do his duty to his clan, the King and all of Scotland it would seem, by putting his own wishes aside to wed Rionna McDonald, a woman he scarcely knows, but on his way to seal his fate he is grievously injured in an ambush and nursed back to health by Keeley, a McDonald clan outcast who makes her living with her healing skills. Alaric and Keeley had wonderful chemistry from the beginning and an endearing playfulness to their relationship. This story did include some mild BDSM. I'm sorry to say that Alaric is my least favorite of the three McCabe brothers, and though he treated Keeley well in private, I was displeased that it took him so long to muster the strength and courage to do right by Keeley, and in fact remained unswayed until it appeared it was too late. I could not find him honorable throughout much of the story. Keeley's way of dealing with the whole situation was nothing less than saintly and I don't feel you could find another woman who would have acted the same in such circumstances. Once Alaric was forced to come to his senses, I was very pleased with the ending and I look forward to reading the final book in this series, Never Love a Highlander, about Caelen McCabe.

No comments:

Post a Comment