Thursday, January 3, 2013

Highland Quest by B. J. Scott


Highland Quest by B. J. Scott
The Fraser Brothers Trilogy, Book 2
Publisher: Soul Mate Publishing (December 2012)
270 pages, eBook (purchased myself for $4.99)
Book Rating: 4 Stars
Sensuality: Red Heart

After being grievously injured in an ambush by his nemesis, Bryce is brought to Fallon for healing and once again they are forced to fight the attraction between them that they both thought buried with their last parting. Though I really liked Bryce in the previous book in this series, it is a bit different when you are facing your own demons and not just tormenting your brother about his, and I found Bryce a lot harder to like in this story, often hard and unyielding, though given his past it was understandable. I also felt the ending was a bit rushed and I was uncertain where the change of heart had come from, though I do not deny I was glad to see it and felt it had been long overdue. Fallon I really liked and I felt sorry for her at many times throughout the story when Bryce was being unreasonable and callous. She was definitely a character I could strongly relate to and I just had to follow her through to the end no matter how stupid Bryce was determined to be. I also felt a connection to the villain, Dungal, and his brother, Keith. There was more to him than just a bad man and, though there was no doubt he was capable of horrendous acts, I felt that in different circumstances he might have been the hero of the story and it would be fun to see more of that other side of him. I look forward to the next book in this series, Highland Homecoming, about the last unmarried Fraser brother and determined bachelor, Alasdair.

No comments:

Post a Comment