Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Rose in the Storm by Brenda Joyce


A Rose in the Storm by Brenda Joyce
Scottish Medieval Series, Book 2
Publisher: Harlequin HQN (June 2013)
441 pages, eBook (purchased myself for $6.15)
Book Rating: 4 Stars
Sensuality: Pink Heart

Margaret and Alexander were sworn blood enemies, even more so when he attacked and seized control of her castle, but Alexander sought to protect her from the beginning, even from herself. Though I felt some of Alexander’s methods of “protection” were in poor taste at times, I cannot deny that his intentions were noble and his steadfastness in looking after her and her interests was awesome! Margaret was brave, a bit naive, and frustratingly idealistic, but I had to admire her unwavering spirit, for she never gave up persevering. I thought the brief, more realistic love scenes were great! I wish there had been an update at the end on a few more characters. What happened to Sir Ranald or Margaret's maid, Eilidh? Nonetheless, a great story of romance in difficult circumstances!

No comments:

Post a Comment