Thursday, June 6, 2013

Seducing the Highlander by Michele Sinclair


Seducing the Highlander by Michele Sinclair
The McTiernays Series, Book 5
Publisher: Zebra Books (June 2013)
416 pages, eBook (purchased myself for $5.38)
Book Rating: 3 Stars
Sensuality: Red Heart

After being tricked into a very public kiss, Meriel and Craig are awakened to the fact that their feelings go quite a bit deeper than just friendship, but it takes them varying degrees of time for each of them to decide what to do about it. Being first to realize her true feelings, Meriel plots to inspire Craig's jealousy with the help of Hamish, a known womanizer, and unexpectedly ends up becoming good friends with the man. Meriel was a strong, independent character that I really liked. She went about standing up for herself in a quiet, reserved way that I could relate to. Craig's bullheadedness was frustrating, but thankfully he eventually came around. At first I thought it was kind of cool to get to see a bit of the newlywed struggles to settle down, but it quickly became agonizingly depressing, especially given the difficult courtship that it followed. This story includes one of the main characters having a miscarriage, and I found the happy epilogue a bit of a shock after that. And what about poor Hamish? I was so frustrated with Craig for a good deal of this book, I almost wished that Hamish would win out instead, and felt badly for him in the end. I hope we will learn more of his fate in future books. Hamish deserves his own Happily Ever After! I look forward to reading the remaining two brother's stories: Conan and Clyde.

No comments:

Post a Comment