Saturday, August 17, 2013

Hotshot by Julie Garwood


Hotshot by Julie Garwood
Buchanan-Renard Series, Book 11
Publisher: Dutton Adult (August 2013)
368 pages, eBook (purchased myself for $9.99)
Book Rating: 4 Stars
Sensuality: Red Heart

Peyton was saved from drowning when she was a young girl by the teenage boy from next door, Finn, and when they see each other again, many years later, at his brother's wedding, Finn decides to get involved with a problem she is having with a previous employer. I liked both Peyton and Finn and the story definitely kept my attention. Ronan, Grayson's partner from the previous book in this series, appears a few times, now as Finn's partner. I was a bit disappointed not to revisit any other previous characters from the series, or get any updates on them. I would be interested to read Beck and Ivy's story or Ronan and Collins, and I'm still hoping for Cordie and Aiden, or the three remaining Buchanan siblings (Mike, Sidney and Zack) to get their own stories. It seems like more characters keep getting introduced in this series, without wrapping up the previous loose strings.

No comments:

Post a Comment