Thursday, September 3, 2015

The Huntsmen by Honor James

The Huntsmen by Honor James
Mischievous Fairytales Series, Book 4
Publisher: Siren Publishing (September 2014)
154 pages, eBook (purchased myself for $3.44)
Book Rating: 3 Stars
Sensuality: Red Heart

Snow has been locked away in a tower for many years, held captive by her evil stepmother, but she finds an opportunity to escape and hopes to make her way to her uncle’s castle—along the way she comes across three huntsmen who have decided to protect Snow instead of taking her back to the Queen as they were ordered to do. This story reminded me very much of the recent movie Snow White and the Huntsman, only much more erotic and with the twist of there being a ménage scenario with multiple huntsmen. Fairytale retellings is one of my favorite genres, so I was excited to find this, but sadly I found it was just okay. The dialogue was a bit cheesy and repetitious, there were a lot of plot inconsistencies, and despite this being a story set a long time ago the dialogue was decidedly modern. If you are looking for an erotic read and not intending to take the story too seriously, this is a quick light read and is enjoyable enough to fit the bill. I will probably read the other books in the series just because I’m curious, but I wish a little more time had been spent checking for story continuity.

No comments:

Post a Comment