Thursday, April 26, 2012

Colters’ Daughter by Maya Banks


Colters’ Daughter by Maya Banks
Colters’ Legacy Series, Book 3
Publisher: Samhain Publishing, Ltd. (February 2011)
172 pages, eBook (purchased myself for $4.24)
Book Rating: 2 Stars
Sensuality: Red Heart
I almost couldn’t finish this book. I wasn’t too wild about the rough sex in the previous books in this series, as they all the while claimed the men were so gentle and caring (only outside the bedroom apparently). In terms of rough sex, this book makes the others in this series look downright tame. I understand that some people might want/desire/like violent/painful sex, but to imply that a relationship that includes such behavior is gentle, caring or loving is beyond my understanding and just seemed unbelievably manipulative. I didn’t like Max throughout most of the book and even though I liked Callie in the previous book, I had a really hard time identifying or sympathizing with her. The only things I liked about this book was seeing the rest of the Colter family and the ending. The ending was great! I loved the ending, but it was the only point in the story when I actually liked the hero, Max. If you like Dominate/Submissive stories you may like this, but I had a hard time buying Callie as a submissive, it seemed too out of character.

No comments:

Post a Comment