Monday, April 23, 2012

Double Chance Claim by Elle Saint James


Double Chance Claim by Elle Saint James
Badlands Series, Book 3
Publisher: Siren Publishing (January 2010)
112 pages, eBook (purchased myself for $4.09)
Book Rating: 4 Stars
Sensuality: Red Heart
Set in Campbell’s Valley, South Dakota, like the first two books in this series, this book includes some minor characters from the first two books and follows the Chance brothers, Wyatt and Wade. Thrown together by fate with newly widowed Maggie, the brothers quickly include her in their future plans. Though the plot in this story wasn’t as good as the previous ones in this series, I loved the characters enough to overlook it. Now that I’m to Book 3 in this series, I have to admit I’m finding the cheesy dialogue amusingly endearing. The storyline is a bit contrived at times, but then again, I’m not one that enjoys endless obstacles thrown into a story just for the sake of drawing it out a bit longer. I enjoyed the honest simplicity of all three stories in this series and anticipate reading them again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment