Sunday, April 15, 2012

Honor’s Splendour by Julie Garwood


Honor’s Splendour by Julie Garwood
Publisher: Pocket Star (August 2010)
404 pages, eBook (purchased myself for $7.99)
Book Rating: 5 Stars
Sensuality: Red Heart
This is my favorite book by this author! Duncan is a bit dark and brooding and has a lovely, almost paranormal invincibility about him that I loved. I thought Madelyne’s innocent naïveté complimented him beautifully. I also enjoyed the subplot involving Madelyne’s special connection with a couple specific animals (a horse and a wolf). I will say I wish there had been a definitive statement at the end of the book sealing the fate of Duncan’s sister, Adela, but perhaps it was purposely left open and with much of that relationship hidden and/or unexplored as fodder for a possible sequel. No matter, I still loved the ending, and were sequels being considered would have liked to read Edmund and Gilard’s stories as well as Adela’s, had this been made into a series. Excellent book!

No comments:

Post a Comment