Saturday, April 14, 2012

Shadow Music by Julie Garwood


Shadow Music by Julie Garwood
Highlands’ Lairds Series, Book 3
Publisher: Ballantine Books (December 2007)
449 pages, eBook (purchased myself for $7.99)
Book Rating: 5 Stars
Sensuality: Red Heart
There were so many bad reviews about this book, that I almost didn’t read it, having enjoyed the first two books in this series so much I didn’t want to ruin it. I am so glad I did read it, and I loved it as much as the first two books. I am honestly confused about everyone’s displeasure. Some thought the story took too long to get going, but I didn’t notice undue delay and felt the extra background information was needed for the story. Others felt Brodick’s character was unrecognizable, and though I admit he had softened a bit from the first two books, I felt it was already happening at the end of the second book and largely due to being married. One of the things I really liked about this book was Gabrielle’s guard and their interaction with Colm and his men. There is something enjoyable about the banter between a group of men that are close to each other, particularly when they are all protecting the same woman. I enjoyed the same thing in the second book with Brodick’s guard. I enjoyed Colm and Gabrielle, and felt they were likable, engaging main characters. I also enjoyed the explanations and references to the title, Shadow Music. I highly recommend this book and series!

No comments:

Post a Comment