Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Highlander's Prize by Mary Wine


The Highlander's Prize by Mary Wine
The Sutherlands Series, Book 1
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca (April 2012)
350 pages, eBook (purchased myself for $4.99)
Book Rating: 4 Stars
Sensuality: Red Heart

Contracted by her family to be the King of Scotland's mistress, Clarrisa of York, is hoping for a way out of the match when Laird Broen MacNicols shows up to deliver her from her circumstances, though she is unsure if her fate with him will fare any better, since his reasons for taking her are to ensure his own political gain. I found the characters to be likable and the story to be fast paced and engaging. My only problem with it was I felt Clarrisa a bit too willing to participate in Broen's infidelity to his betrothed, even before the matter was cleared up between all parties. I'm not a fan of infidelity, and I wish she had steered clear until she understood the lay of things, but given the feelings and wishes that were later revealed, it turned out okay in the end. I look forward to reading Daphne and Norris's story in the next book in this series, The Trouble with Highlanders. I hope this series continues, perhaps with the stories of Faolan Chisholms or Kael and Nareen Grant.

No comments:

Post a Comment