Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Trouble with Highlanders by Mary Wine


The Trouble with Highlanders by Mary Wine
The Sutherlands Series, Book 2
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca (October 2012)
320 pages, eBook (purchased myself for $4.99)
Book Rating: 4 Stars
Sensuality: Red Heart

After relieving Daphne MacLeod of her virginity in order to help her escape a loveless marriage, Norris can't get her out of his head and bundles her home with him, curious to explore the hold she has on him, but obstacles are aplenty and appear at every turn. Though I didn't dislike the two main characters, I admit I didn't feel particularly drawn to either of them, both having distasteful qualities which perhaps only served to make them more life-like. Daphne a bit too eager to toss away her virginity and Norris a bit too willing to take it. But, even so, I enjoyed this story. It included lots of intrigue and maneuvering by the evil Frasers and the Sutherland clan itself and I thought it was wonderful to watch. And despite any qualms about the main characters, they were surrounded by secondary characters that I absolutely loved. I hope this series continues, and there seemed to be a hint at the end of this one of a story to come between Norris's half-brother, Gahan, and Bari Fraser's half-sister, Moira. I also hope to see more of Faolan Chisholms, Kael Grant and his sister, Nareen, and Daphne's half-brother, Saer. Though we didn't see much of him, I thought Saer was a very striking character and one I would like to know more of, so I hope he gets a story of his own. Wonderful series!

No comments:

Post a Comment