Saturday, September 28, 2013

Highland Homecoming by B. J. Scott


Highland Homecoming by B. J. Scott
The Fraser Brothers Trilogy, Book 3
Publisher: Soul Mate Publishing (September 2013)
224 pages, eBook (purchased myself for $2.99)
Book Rating: 4 Stars
Sensuality: Red Heart

Alasdair, known by all to be outspoken about his intention not to marry or become entangled in a relationship, happens upon an unconscious young lady washed upon the beach in nothing but a nightgown and grudging accepts responsibility for seeing her well only to have the situation further complicated when she wakes up with amnesia. The mystery woman, who thinks her name might possibly be Lauren, was a little overly cautious in the beginning, I thought, but became much more likable as the story went on and you got to see more of her feisty, determined spirit. My only complaints are I got a little weary of Alasdair's stubbornness and unceasing excuses for not being fit to wed and I wish the incident with the maid sent to change the bed sheets had been resolved, it smacked a little too much of infidelity for me (Alasdair got off entirely too easily there, but perhaps it was a misunderstanding . . . I'll hope). Great action-packed ending as Alasdair races against time to make his claim before it's too late. Nice ending to a great series!

No comments:

Post a Comment