Monday, June 4, 2012

Beauty and the Beasts by Reece Butler


Beauty and the Beasts by Reece Butler
Bride Train Series, Book 6
Publisher: Siren Publishing (May 2012)
264 pages, eBook (purchased myself for $5.79)
Book Rating: 2 Stars
Sensuality: Red Heart
I was so looking forward to this book. The Circle C men, and particularly Luke, captured my attention from the little glimpses given of them in the other books in this series, but I have to admit I was a bit disappointed in this story. I didn’t much care for Sarah. Like Jessie, in book 3, I found Sarah to be gratingly independent and carelessly hedonistic, without much desire for commitment. The guys all had their own problems, some more than others. I liked Gabe, but being the least messed up of the three men, that wasn’t too difficult. Oz was alright, but seemed to think sex could fix anything. Ironically, I liked Luke the most, though I think his arrogance was supposed to be off-putting until near the end. A lot of the characters from the previous books were heavily involved in this story, and I was glad to see them again. I think their presence carried me through. Even though I didn’t care much for this story, it was mainly just because I didn’t like Sarah, but I still really like this series. The characters from all the previous books that I did like are such colorful, vibrant characters placed in such a rich, elaborately constructed setting. I hope this series continues. Will the southern gents from the Sweetwater Ranch (Flying X Brand) be next? Will Sophie get a chance at happiness? I also hope to read about the men on the Running W.

No comments:

Post a Comment