Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Marshal and Mrs. O'Malley by Julianne MacLean


The Marshal and Mrs. O'Malley by Julianne MacLean
Publisher: Harlequin Historical (June 2011)
304 pages, eBook (purchased myself for $4.99)
Book Rating: 3 Stars
Sensuality: Pink Heart
After her husband’s murder Jo O’Malley sees no other way to get justice then to take the law into her own hands and, as it happens, Marshal Fletcher Collins shows up just in time to stop her and suggest a different course. I was frustrated by both these characters throughout most of the book. Jo is determinedly secretive for longer than she needed to be, in my opinion, and Fletcher is rigidly idealistic, in a ludicrous attempt to ignore his grief about his father. Things were so much more complicated than they needed to be, but I cannot deny that the characters were very complex and their complexities, though frustrating, were not unrealistic. I did enjoy watching them as they unravelled the mystery of Edwyn O’Malley’s death together, and there were more than a few funny moments that I also enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment